INDIA / Duke & Duchess International
Full time English speaking Governess/PA required for B6 & B3 located in Mumbai, India, £900 – £1300 per week, start ASAP.
A high profile Indian family is seeking a professional and qualified Governess/PA to join them in Mumbai to educate and support their two children.
The oldest child studies a program following the IB programme (International Baccalaureate) and the youngest intends to follow this programme once he finishes in Nursery. The family have a full staffed household including a full time Nanny, housekeepers and drivers. Both parents are professionals and have busy schedules.
As a Governess you will be responsible for the children’s education, supporting their current schooling programmes, offering further mentoring, educational development and homework assistance. The family has a full time Nanny but sole charge will be required at times. You will be expected to produce weekly schedules for the children and assist with the management of other staff in the household, working closely with the mother.
Duties of the Governess to include:
• Care, guidance and management of the children
• Pro-active role in planning all activities
• Develop the children’s independence i.e. encourage management of personal belongings bedrooms, play areas, school work as well as family, personal and leisure time
• Ensures, manages and promotes the children’s health, safety and hygiene
• Manages education (including tutors) communications with school, progress reports and assessment
• Every evening prepare the children for school ensuring the children take responsibility for their bags, books, equipment and food are ready as required
• School collection
• Ensure appropriate scheduling of tutors lessons, extra-curricular activities, leisure activities and play are in place
• Liaison with the children’s school in all matters
• Maintain full progress reports
• Weekly report to parents on school progress
• Represent the family as required in all parent / teacher (Friends of the School) events and activities
• Ensure the effectiveness and performance of the tutors and oversee their teaching, planning and progress assessment
• Coordinates all other external learning activities and opportunities
• Pro-actively seek out, coordinate and manage attendance for additional learning opportunities such as concerts, theatre, museums, exhibitions and similar events
• Establish and develop the children’s personal skills and responsibility for money management if and when required
The ideal candidate will be a qualified and experienced Governess/PA with great references and previous experience of working in Private households. A high level of education is required, PGCE is preferred and knowledge of IB Programmes. The candidate should be calm, positive, able to plan, be professional, organised, a great team player and have a sense of adventure.
This position can be offered as a live in or live out position. The family is happy to rent apartment close to the residence.
The working schedule will be 5 or 6 days per week, working an average of 8 hours per day with flexibility required.
Interview to take place on 21st February. Start ASAP
An initial one year contract will be offered with the possibility to extend this should all parties be happy.
– Salary of £900 – £1300 per week
– Accommodation provided (live in/live out)
– Return flights
– 4 weeks paid holiday
-Qualified and experienced Governess/PA (high level of education preferred)
-Experience of working in a private household.
-Knowledge and understanding of the IB Programme
-Enthusiastic, adventurous, energetic and professional
-Available to start ASAP. Interviews commencing 21st February 2017
Expires: Mar 25, 2017
Please be careful when looking for jobs abroad on the internet. We advise you to research any employer before accepting a job offer. For more information see our Warnings, Safety and Spotting Scams page.