ITALY / Speak
Speak Teens International Summer Camps bring together English language Learners and native English-speaking teens from all over the world for a unique and innovative English language immersion programme in Italy. We are looking for responsible, enthusiastic and friendly Camp Leaders to join one of our two residential camps for a varied and exciting role this summer!
Speak Teens offers English language Learners a unique experience in Italy: to improve their English with the support of English teachers as well as teenage mother-tongue English speakers, our Anglos. The combination of our fantastic camp locations in Italy and exceptional camp facilities means we offer a stimulating and unique daily timetable.
Camp Leaders should have a fun, outgoing personality, be good at dealing with pressure, and be able to work well in a team. We are particularly interested in applications from Camp Leaders with an expertise in music, drama, dance, sports or arts & crafts as well as previous experience working in a residential summer camp, activity camp or similar.
– Responsible for pastoral care and welfare of students
– Facilitating learning sessions (One-to-One conversations between Anglos and Learners etc)
– Planning, preparation and running activities such as sports, swimming, arts, excursions, unique camp experiences such as outdoor cinema, orienteering, and astronomy, as well as whole camp events
– Transfers – assisting with arrivals and departure of all students and airport transfers
– Excursions – taking students off-site for full day excursions
– Must have a real interest in working with children and a strong empathy for working with international children. Although Camp Leaders are not required to teach English language lessons, we do expect them to be able to communicate effectively with our students, using an appropriate level of language to suit the group
– Ability to lead, supervise, engage and have fun with teens;
– Previous experience of working with teens ideally in a residential camp setting or similar context
– Native/near native competence in spoken and written English
– Applicants must possess an Italian fiscal code (“Codice Fiscale”). Note – this can be obtained through the Italian embassy in your country of residence.
– English Adventure Summer Camp (Sores, Trentino): Wednesday 24th June 2020 – Saturday 25th July 2020 inclusive (this includes pre-camp training days)
– English Discovery Summer Camp (Valbonella (Emilia-Romagna): Tuesday 14th July 2020 – Friday 14th August 2020 inclusive (this includes pre-camp training days)
We offer a highly competitive salary of €420 per week, plus full board and accommodation.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Due to interest levels in these positions, only applicants successful for interview can be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Nationalities Accepted: Must have the right to work in the EU for the entire duration of the Summer Camp
Expires: June 1, 2020
Please be careful when looking for jobs abroad on the internet. We advise you to research any employer before accepting a job offer. For more information see our Warnings, Safety and Spotting Scams page.