FRANCE / La Terrasse Du Village
We are on the hunt for a Head Chef (to start immediately) to work in our established restaurant and brasserie in the heart of the French Alps.
This is an exciting and vibrant opportunity for an aspiring or experienced head chef to manage and run a busy kitchen for a Restaurant & Bar located in the beautiful French Alps. As Head Chef you will be expected to lead a team of 4 chefs & a KP, serving a range of local and international inspired dishes from our à la carte menu.
Daily, our kitchen facilitates 40 -120 covers during lunch service and 20- 50 covers during evening service. The right candidate will have the opportunity to expand and develop our existing menu in keeping with the restaurants growing popularity and current trends. This is a long-term position and would suit someone looking for a new and exciting lifestyle with an interest in developing their career and a love of the outdoors.
• Set the standard for all food presentation and quality.
• Oversee and direct the food preparation process demonstrating a high standard of practice.
• Ensuring a smooth and effective service from Lunch through to Dinner.
• Monitoring stock levels and be responsible for the daily ordering of stock and fresh produce.
• Undertake regular stock control procedures. • Attend weekly management meetings and report back on all areas of the kitchen operations (staffing/maintenance/service/customer feedback).
• Working alongside the FOH manager with a view to maintaining good working relations between the kitchen brigade and the FOH team.
• Must have an UK/EU passport
• A minimum of 2 years Full Time experience as a Head chef or Sous Chef in a restaurant brigade.
• Experience of cooking an à la carte menu.
• Experience in cooking French and International cuisine with prior experience and/or knowledge of local Savoyard specialities.
• A good command of English.
• A good understanding of the French language is desirable but not essential as you will be given on the job assistance.
• Hold a valid HACCP food safety certificate or demonstrate a strong knowledge of good HACCP food safety practises
• An understanding of the financial aspects to running a kitchen.
What we offer:
• A Competitive Salary (based on experience)
• An opportunity to work for a year-round, growing, and privately-owned business.
• The opportunity to work in one of Europe’s most popular outdoor activity areas & ski resorts. Plus learn a new language.
If you think you are the right person for the job then please send a C.V, covering letter and a recent photo to:
For more information about us please visit :
We look forward to hearing from you!
Expires: Oct 31, 2019
Please be careful when looking for jobs abroad on the internet. We advise you to research any employer before accepting a job offer. For more information see our Warnings, Safety and Spotting Scams page.