FRANCE / American Village
Work in France next spring! Now hiring for the following start dates at American Village Camps: March 05, March 12, March 19, March 26, April 23, April 30, May 22.
The average contract length is 6 – 8 weeks. Salary is 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are fluent English speakers & love working with children. We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994! Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France. They lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
– Are you a team player, organized, and able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids)?
– Are you kind, caring and friendly: a people-person?
– Are you capable of organizing activities: sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games?
– Are you excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers?
– Are you creative and excited about brainstorming as a team?
– Are you receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in and outside of the classroom?
Not available this spring? Consider applying to work this summer, or fall! Start dates on June 24, June 30, or September 10!
One of our language villages in France. Exact location announced after hire.
Spring Camps 2020 : near Gréoux-les-Bains, Cour-et-Buis, Azé, Joudes-Saint Amour, Miramont-de-Guyenne, Isigny-le-Buat, Le Sappey en Chartreuse & Saint Félix de- Paillières
Summer Camps 2020 : near Gréoux-les-Bains, Cour-et-Buis, Azé, Joudes-Saint Amour, Balan, Isigny-le-Buat, Saint Félix de Paillières, Miramont-de-Guyenne, Toulouse & Venansault
We only seek Language Counselors who are fluent English speakers.
– Required experience: camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience
– Clear criminal history
– 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors. A typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old.
– High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
– First-hand knowledge of North American culture
– Must be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist (for example: US or Canadians are allowed this with a valid passport.)
– Be a team player, be organized, and be able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids).
– Be receptive to our approach of teaching English through active participation, positive reinforcement and encouragement.
– Be capable of organizing activities: sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
– Know enough about North American history and culture to brainstorm themed activities and skits.
– Be excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers, etc.
Salary and Perks:
– A salary for all days worked: 1170 Euros / month.
– Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
– Meals included.
– Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
– No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit (North Americans).
– Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
– All counselors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to their village.
– Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
– We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
How to Apply
The application process and application tips are outlined on the American Village recruitment website. A professional reference is required. We advise you to read through the entire recruitment website before completing the online application.
Access the online application: https://www.job-americanvillage.com/en/application-process
Nationalities Accepted/Visa Requirements: candidates must have Schengen zone access
Expires: Jan 31, 2020
Please be careful when looking for jobs abroad on the internet. We advise you to research any employer before accepting a job offer. For more information see our Warnings, Safety and Spotting Scams page.