NICARAGUA / MEMANTA
MEMANTA is a young organisation working on Nicaragua’s Pacific Coast with a focus on conservation and volunteer tourism. We run a sea turtle hatchery from July until January, but also engage in ecosystem restoration and sustainable resource use.
The internship is perfect for students pursuing careers in biology, ecology, wildlife conservation or geography.
Interns can expect the following duties:
• Night-time patrols and morning censuses on the beach
• Hatchery monitoring and management
• Data collection and analysis / Help with research
• Maintenance of the property (infrastructure, beachfront forest, organic garden…)
• Waste & Water management, Reforestation & Restoration
• Community projects, Environmental education, Ecotourism development
Interns will need to commit for a minimum of 4 weeks as they receive a full week of training. Experience with sea turtles is NOT required.
We issue certificates and any other documents needed. Interns pay an all-inclusive fee of 30 USD/day which includes accommodation (private tents with shared bathroom close to the beach), food (3 meals per day and drinks), courses, fun activities and support on-site.
Expires: Aug 31, 2021
SafetyWing’s Nomad Travel Health Insurance includes COVID-19 cover
Please be careful when looking for jobs abroad on the internet. We advise you to research any employer before accepting a job offer. For more information see our Warnings, Safety and Spotting Scams page.