INDONESIA / Orangutan Foundation International
Orangutan Foundation International has volunteer opportunities
available for active individuals who want to get their hands dirty and
help save one of the earth’s most bio-diverse areas. Come to Borneo,
the world’s oldest rainforest, and help OFI build a much-needed
structure! You may be building a bridge, an enclosure, an infant
orangutan jungle gym, or another structure to help OFI continue our work
to save orangutans in the rainforest.
Field volunteers complete projects that aid critically important aspects of our on-the-ground programs. The Field Construction Volunteer Program was developed because concerned individuals asked to participate directly in the work. We believe that together we can ensure that wild orangutans do not become extinct in our lifetimes.
Dates for 2019:
● Team 1: July 7- 27
● Team 2: August 11- 31
Be ready for:
● Hands-on manual work in a hot, humid, equatorial environment
● Buzzing, biting insects and the rare venomous snake
● Basic, remote, isolated living conditions: no running hot water, rudimentary toilet and shower facilities
● Possibly sleeping in the middle of the forest in temporary shelters
● 3 meals per day (rice and vegetables, possibly supplemented by eggs, chicken, tofu, or fish)
● Construction work: building, carrying, sawing, cutting, etc. – heavy lifting required!
For more information, please visit our web page: https://orangutan.org/volunteer/construction-program/
OFI Volunteer Committee
824 Wellesley Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Telephone Number: 310-820-4906
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expires: Sept 1, 2019
Free Accommodation Around the World as a House or Pet Sitter! Join Now! (Americans may prefer to join here)
Please be careful when looking for jobs abroad on the internet. We advise you to research any employer before accepting a job offer. For more information see our Warnings, Safety and Spotting Scams page.