FRANCE / AliKats
AliKats is a small independent chalet company based in Morzine, run by Al & Kat Judge. We started with one chalet in 2011 and have now expanded our portfolio to consist of 6 catered and 7 self-catered chalets.
We pride ourselves on three things – superb customer service, amazing food and creating a fun and positive working environment for our team as a whole each season.
Our objective is to create the best chalet experience humanly possible.
Objective of the role
AliKats chalet hosts have a reputation for always going the extra mile and you will see through our Trip Advisor reviews that “nothing was too much trouble” is something that was repeated time and time again. So we are looking for positive people with a “can-do” attitude who enjoy hard work and have a real need to please. The job will best suit people who have a passion for hospitality and are not just looking for a job to facilitate a ski season.
The job involves managing each guest’s experience from the moment they walk through the door of the chalet to the moment they leave at the end of the week. We provide the necessary training and support to enable this but expect our hosts to deliver every element of the holiday to the very highest of standards.
In addition to taking exceptional care of the guests, hosts also need to take exceptional care of the chalets by ensuring they are clean, in a good state of repair, well stocked and running efficiently. We provide all of the training and provide processes in order to achieve this but the day to day responsibility lies with the hosts.
The role of chalet host is a varied and challenging one; it requires maturity, stamina and attention to detail in order to excel.
Tasks & responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
• Setting the chalets up at the start of the season
• Hosting guests
• Working together as a team
• Driving guests to and from slopes and around resort
• Preparing & serving breakfast
• Preparing & serving afternoon tea
• Preparing & serving dinner (the majority of the preparation of the evening meal will already have been done in advance in the prep kitchen by our team of professional chefs).
• Washing up
• Cleaning & room servicing
• Miscellaneous things including, shopping, laundry, maintenance etc.
• Cleaning down the chalets at the end of the season
We expect a lot from our team, and in return we are prepared to do everything we can to motivate them, so our package includes:
• Competitive wage
• 1.5 days off per week
• Full Portes du Soleil season pass
• Travel costs to and from Morzine from the UK or equivalent
• Good standard of accommodation
• All food & drink
• Use of company vehicle
• Full training course starting late November
Skills & Experience
• A positive attitude and willingness to work hard
• A good level of spoken English.
• Minimum age of 21 (as specified by our vehicle insurer)
• At least one person in the couple needs to be a competent cook
• A full manual driving license that allows you to drive in Europe.
• The right to work in France.
• An interest in skiing/snowboarding or love for the mountains.
If you’re looking for an exciting and challenging way to spend your winter and would like to be part of the AliKats team then please send your cv and a recent photo to email@example.com
Nationalities accepted: UK/EU passport, UK National Insurance number & UK bank account
Expires: Aug 15, 2019
Please be careful when looking for jobs abroad on the internet. We advise you to research any employer before accepting a job offer. For more information see our Warnings, Safety and Spotting Scams page.